Vega By Puranmal - Vegetarian Only, Jumeirah 1

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 0 Comments A+ a-

There are few days in my life where all I want to eat is junk food or street food or chaat. This time I wanted to have chaat so we decided to try out Vega By Puranmal, it is a pure vegetarian restaurant.
I have tried Puranmal sweets in past for which they are famous, they are the very good option if you want to give a sweets for any festival. 

Vega By Puranmal is located on Jumeirah 1 which is very easy to spot as it next to the road. They also have their own valet parking so you don't have to hassle searching to park and it is free. As soon as you enter, you will see different variety of sweets which you can pack and take it away. Well the seating area is small on the ground but huge on the top floor. The ambiance, lighting and seating arrangements is very comfortable.

What We Tried There:
  • Dahi Batata Puri
  • Garam Thandi Dahi Puri
  • Pani Puri
  • Sev Puri
  • Mango Lassi
  • Chocolate Monk
  • Kesar Kulfi
We started with very obvious Pani Puri. Each one of us ordered one plate of pani puri because we don't share it. The puri's were round and good in shape. The stuffing which they gave was of moong dal of which I am not a big fan, I like potato stuffing more. I didn't like it much nor I hate it. 

Pani Puri
Next we tried their Garam Thandi Dahi Puri, which is confusing. It is big puri like kachori stuffed with dahi and other good stuff.  We also had a Sev Puri which was Ok.
Garam Thandi Dahi Puri
Sev Puri


We also tried Dahi Batata Puri which was good and can never go wrong with it. But again it had moong dal which was upsetting me but I liked it.
Dahi Batata Puri
For drinks we tried Mango Lassi which was thick and yum. Second drink was Chocolate Monk which is a good option for chocoholic people.
Mango Lassi
Chocolate Monk
For dessert we had Kesar Kulfi, it was very much frozen that I couldn't feel the taste of kulfi. It was like eating ice in every bite.
Kesar Kulfi
Overall it wasn't that amazing as my expectations were high. What more disappointed me was the prices of the chaat. I wouldn't mind paying more until an unless it is unique in it's own way. It was same as the normal chaat station which is served in paper plate but at lower price. I wouldn't recommend this place for chaat but it is good for sweets to take away but do taste it before buying.

Ratings: 5.5/10

XOXO

Nihan

Vega by Puranmal Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato