Bol Gappa

Monday, August 14, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Dubai Parks and Resort is the newly opened and not have even completed one year yet but still it is something that one tourist must visit and enjoy the different parks. There is Bollywood park which is solely dedicated to Indian Hindi movies. And if you are in Bollywood park then you must visit Bol Gappa to experience the Bollywood style food. This place very quirky and colorful, first thing what you tend to notice is famous dialogues from Bollywood movies and posters. I am thankful to Mr. Pradeep Kumar ( Operations Manager ) for inviting me and this remarkable experience.


We were welcomed by Mr. Pradeep and he explained the idea of the restaurant and how it is different. They have done experiments in their dishes which is very innovative and very yummy. This place is super affordable and is the only branch in Dubai. 
As soon as we had a look at the menu I could see the name of famous movie names which are the names of their dishes. The staff is very active and prompt at the service. By the time your order reaches the table you can play "Guess The Movie" game. It is a actually a paper plate mat which have dialogues of famous movies and you have to guess them it is really interesting.


What We Tried There:
  • Raspberry Lemonade Fizz
  • Citrus Sparkle
  • Pink N Perky
  • Mango Lassi
  • Paneer Popcorn
  • Chicken Khurana
  • Balam Puchkari
  • Bhaji Pao Maskani
  • Chicken Tikka Masala
  • Butter Naan
  • Walnut Brownie
  • Carrot Halwa Spring Rolls
It was lunch time and summers in Dubai is very extreme, first thing I ordered is drinks. I chose Raspberry Lemonade Fizz which is mixture of raspberries, ginger and lemon.

Raspberry Lemonade Fizz

And my hubby chose Citrus Sparkle which is orange, pineapple, mint and lemon. Both the drinks 
were very refreshing and tasted amazing.

Citrus Sparkle

For veg starter we were suggested Paneer Popcorn. Even though I don't like paneer much I opted for it. It was served in quirky cart and base of lots of french fries with mint chutney. It was big balls and very soft and delicious.

Paneer Popcorn

For Non-Veg starter we opted to their signature dish Chicken Khurana. The aroma of curry leaves just made me crave more and I just wanted to dig in. It was bit spicy and flavorful. 
Both starters are #MustTry because of flavors, it is something you wanna try out. 

Chicken Khurana

Next was the Balam Puchkari which is Pani Puri. Even though it is something normal you can have anywhere but it just had something unique. I just loved their sweet and spicy chutney that goes into puri. I #HighlyRecommend it, you just don't wanna miss it.

Balam Puchkari

Pictures in the menu helps me a lot because I know what I can expect. I saw Bhaji Pao Maskani picture on menu and I just ordered it. Pao bhaji is go to street food for people in India when you are really hungry. And after having first bite I could just relate to it. Specially the Bread (Pao) was very soft, fluffy and buttery. Mr. Pradeep that this bread is especially made for them only. It was amazing and delightful definitely a #MustTry.

Bhaji Pao Maskani

For mains they don't really have much options, we ordered Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Naan. Boneless chicken was nice and tender and had perfect blend of spices. Naan was soft and complemented well with tikka masala.

Chicken Tikka Masala & Butter Naan

As the drinks were, I ordered Pink N Perky which were similar to Raspberry lemonade only it was replaced by strawberries. And my hubby ordered Mango Lassi, it was nice blend of yogurt and mango.

Pink N Perky & Mango Lassi

For dessert we ordered Walnut Brownie, which was served on hot sizzler plate with brownie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup was poured from top. It was bit heavy but very heavenly. 

Walnut Brownie

Last dessert was Carrot Halwa Spring Rolls, this sounds really interesting right? Yes! You heared it right Carrot Halwa is in Spring Rolls. It was juicy and had right amount of sweetness. It is also served with vanilla ice cream. I #HighlyRecommend it for the innovative idea.

Carrot Halwa Spring Rolls

This place is affordable and gives you happy vibes because of the environment. The portions served were very good and I loved their presentations. 

Ratings: 9/10

XOXO

Nihan

Bol Gappa Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato